Discover your new favourite artist
At Halfway 2 Nowhere we have been helping people discover their new favourite band and singer-songwriter for almost four years. Through our annual “World Cup of Artists” as well as our regular blog posts, our aim is to help you find the new Oasis, the next Pulp or just your own favourite grassroots act.
Where did it all start
In 2017, our editor, Adam Graver, went to Kazoopa Festival, a small day fest in Leeds City Centre ran by the guys at Double Denim. That day, he discovered some of the best new talent the UK had to offer, and it was all in for just £10. The day was packed full of top venues, hosting the best new talent, and it sparked a desire to start a music blog. Since then, over 500 articles have been written about new talent whether it be live music reviews, new music coverage or fun Q&As with artists across the UK. This will always be the home of H2N and we hope you enjoy reading and consuming the articles we post.
The Halfway 2 Nowhere Radio Show
Wednesday 6-7pm on Jorvik Radio
Every week on Jorvik Radio, a community radio station based in York, our editor Adam hosts a one hour show, featuring the best in new music across the country.
Live in the York area, you can tune in on 94.8FM. Nationally you can listen live on http://www.jorvikradio.com
Want to be played? Head to the bottom of the page and submit your details!
- SINGLE REVIEW: Shake – Hot Laundry.The only upside to an extended festive period in Tier 3 is that it gave me the opportunity to catch-up on some of the recent releases that have been sent […]
- Reasons To Be Cheerful – 2021.Okay. 2020 is over. Finished. Done with. Don’t look back. Nothing to see there. Turn to the light. Look ahead. Let us focus on the future. With that spirit in […]
- 2021 Ones to Watch – West YorkshireWhen Adam (H2N editor) asked me if I might like to write a piece about five acts to watch for 2021, my heart sagged a touch. How to choose? 2020 […]
- 2021 Ones to Watch – North-EastThis year, we’re going around the regions of the UK, bringing you our ones to watch for 2021. First up, our north-east writer Jay Landman has picked his five artists […]
- REVIEW: Tonight – Clear VinylClear Vinyl formed in 2019 and have since battled the biggest rollercoaster ride of all; last time H2N covered the Sheffield artist was, we loved “Into The Night” their March […]
- E.P. Review: ‘To’ – Luca Wilding.Everyone has a different entry level artist who has introduced them to the work of Leonard Cohen, even if they don’t know it. To some unfortunates, it may be Alexandra […]
- Review: Head In The Sand – The Pretty Visitors.Hailing from Brighton and taking their title from the Arctic Monkeys‘ song of the same name, The Pretty Visitors are Connor Reid (vocals), Aaron Evans (guitar), Sam Bennett (bass) and […]
- FEATURE: HunybeesYou’d be forgiven for never of hearing the band ‘HUNYBEES’. But if it’s something you don’t know, then get to know. This quartet from the small town of Hitchin in […]
- Review: Feel It – The Kicklips.The Kicklips are a Sheffield based trio who formed in 2017. They are Beck Harley (bass/vocals), Mo Ghani (guitar), and Dan Siddall on drums. They have played at The IOW […]
Get your music featured
Have a new single coming out? Want your new music premiering here on Halfway 2 Nowhere or over on Adam’s show on Jorvik Radio? Get in touch.