Discover your new favourite artist
At Halfway 2 Nowhere we have been helping people discover their new favourite band and singer-songwriter for almost four years. Through our annual “World Cup of Artists” as well as our regular blog posts, our aim is to help you find the new Oasis, the next Pulp or just your own favourite grassroots act.
Where did it all start
In 2017, our editor, Adam Graver, went to Kazoopa Festival, a small day fest in Leeds City Centre ran by the guys at Double Denim. That day, he discovered some of the best new talent the UK had to offer, and it was all in for just £10. The day was packed full of top venues, hosting the best new talent, and it sparked a desire to start a music blog. Since then, over 500 articles have been written about new talent whether it be live music reviews, new music coverage or fun Q&As with artists across the UK. This will always be the home of H2N and we hope you enjoy reading and consuming the articles we post.
- REVIEW: Blue Family Lockdown Sessions.The three things I’ve missed most during this period have been going to the match, going to gigs, and writing about gigs. So thank The Lord for Everton in the […]
- Saturday 6 – May 23rd 2020The Claremonts – Get Away, Get Away, Get Away A combination of gritty vocals, auspicious guitar pieces, and a Madchester driven rhythm section amalgamate to form The Claremonts. This new one is up their […]
- #saveourvenues Campaign Sees 140 UK Music Venues Removed from ‘Critical’ ListToday, the Music Venue Trust (MVT) has announced that the #saveourvenues campaign launched three weeks ago today has now resulted in 140 grassroots music venues being removed from its ‘critical’ […]
- City Series: LiverpoolI think Adidas did it first, and I love the idea of a ‘City Series’, so I’m delighted to have the opportunity to write about bands, venues, and gigs in […]
- Friday 5 – May 15th 2020The Crooks – In Time One of my favourite tracks released in 2020 so far, The Crooks are back with “In Time” the hotly anticipated follow-up to “She Walks Alone”. […]
- REVIEW: Forever – Apollo JunctionWe’ve all got them. Got loads of them. Velocity Girl by Primal Scream is one of mine. Whenever I hear it, I’m transported back in time to my university bar, […]
- NEW: Shrink – Tom Lumley & the Brave Liaison“Shrink” is the brand new track, and the second from the four-piece’s upcoming EP, Sign of the Times due at the end of this month. We’re now four months into […]
- NEW: Artificial – Room DI don’t know about you, but I’m just about done with this lockdown and I’ve give anything to be in a smelly field, surrounded by sweaty teenagers and old men […]
- Review: You – Dirty Laces”Put some ketchup on it”. Do you know who said that? John Lennon. He used to say that to his sound engineer during recording sessions. “Put some ketchup on it!”’. […]
Get your music featured
Have a new single coming out? Want your new music premiering here on Halfway 2 Nowhere or over on Adam’s show on Jorvik Radio? Get in touch.