Discover your new favourite artist
At Halfway 2 Nowhere we have been helping people discover their new favourite band and singer-songwriter for almost four years. Through our annual “World Cup of Artists” as well as our regular blog posts, our aim is to help you find the new Oasis, the next Pulp or just your own favourite grassroots act.
Where did it all start
In 2017, our editor, Adam Graver, went to Kazoopa Festival, a small day fest in Leeds City Centre ran by the guys at Double Denim. That day, he discovered some of the best new talent the UK had to offer, and it was all in for just £10. The day was packed full of top venues, hosting the best new talent, and it sparked a desire to start a music blog. Since then, over 500 articles have been written about new talent whether it be live music reviews, new music coverage or fun Q&As with artists across the UK. This will always be the home of H2N and we hope you enjoy reading and consuming the articles we post.
The Halfway 2 Nowhere Radio Show
Wednesday 6-7pm on Jorvik Radio
Every week on Jorvik Radio, a community radio station based in York, our editor Adam hosts a one hour show, featuring the best in new music across the country.
Live in the York area, you can tune in on 94.8FM. Nationally you can listen live on http://www.jorvikradio.com
Want to be played? Head to the bottom of the page and submit your details!
- Underscore Part Three’s AAA Industry Interviews start today!Across a backdrop of a gloomy three months for the music and arts industry, not only do we welcome the government’s funding announcement today but today is the start of […]
- Artist of the Week – The NovusWe’re back in business and music is ready to take centre stage on Halfway 2 Nowhere again. I’ve been quiet during lock-down, working out what’s best for the blog going […]
- Single Review: Waiting For The Rain – Andrew Cushin.Andrew Cushin is more than a talented singer songwriter. He’s a troubadour, a lyrical poet who roams from town-to-town telling his touching tales. If you haven’t heard of him yet, […]
- Single Review: Modern Times – Reclaim Vienna.Releasing an unexpected lock-down single, based on remote writing and isolation demos is a ballsy move. With their surprise digital release Modern Times, I think that Reclaim Vienna just about […]
- Track of the Day – Will I Ever Love AgainGeorge Hughes has released his debut track Will I Ever Love Again? It’s a lockdown triumph, with a “Cinammon” folk line running through the track. You can’t help but tap […]
- Single Review: Time is Right – Shader.One of the reasons for doing this job is to bring to your attention to some of the best new music that is out there. My role here today is […]
- Single Review: Last Days – Take the Night.‘Nostalgia is much more than reminiscing. It’s a feeling’, so say Gateshead duo Take the Night (Tom Homan and Dave Charlton). With their new single Last Days they have captured […]
- Single Review: Never Know – The Links.I’ve been in lacking in motivation recently. A combination of lock-down fatigue and ‘Isolation Gig’ overload have left me somewhat in the doldrums. But then the new single Never Know […]
- Sunday 6 – June 7th 2020MARSICANS – These Days With a debut album on the horizon, Leeds band Marsicans have been releasing hit after hit in 2020. Their new banger These Days starts slow then […]
Get your music featured
Have a new single coming out? Want your new music premiering here on Halfway 2 Nowhere or over on Adam’s show on Jorvik Radio? Get in touch.