Discover your new favourite artist
At Halfway 2 Nowhere we have been helping people discover their new favourite band and singer-songwriter for almost four years. Through our annual “World Cup of Artists” as well as our regular blog posts, our aim is to help you find the new Oasis, the next Pulp or just your own favourite grassroots act.
Where did it all start
In 2017, our editor, Adam Graver, went to Kazoopa Festival, a small day fest in Leeds City Centre ran by the guys at Double Denim. That day, he discovered some of the best new talent the UK had to offer, and it was all in for just £10. The day was packed full of top venues, hosting the best new talent, and it sparked a desire to start a music blog. Since then, over 500 articles have been written about new talent whether it be live music reviews, new music coverage or fun Q&As with artists across the UK. This will always be the home of H2N and we hope you enjoy reading and consuming the articles we post.
The Halfway 2 Nowhere Radio Show
Wednesday 6-7pm on Jorvik Radio
Every week on Jorvik Radio, a community radio station based in York, our editor Adam hosts a one hour show, featuring the best in new music across the country.
Live in the York area, you can tune in on 94.8FM. Nationally you can listen live on http://www.jorvikradio.com
Want to be played? Head to the bottom of the page and submit your details!
- Sunday Six – 11th AprilOK, I know it’s been a while, but we used to frequent put out a Sunday 6, a little article featuring our favourite six new releases from the previous Friday. […]
- ALBUM REVIEW: Brits & Pieces ll – Various Artists!I love a good compilation album. Always have done. The curator of Brits & Pieces II, indie music enthusiast Marc Rossiter says he took his inspiration for the project from […]
- SINGLE REVIEW: Light Up The Sky – Apollo Junction.As a band you know that you are heading in the right direction when you can count among your supporters such diverse personalities as Steve Lamacq, Graham Norton and…Marcelo Bielsa. […]
- Q&A: Get to know…AbnormJay recently caught up with one of Halfway 2 Nowhere’s artists to watch in 2021 to see how their year is going and what the plans are for the future. […]
- Q&A: Meet Parker LeeThe latest band to take on our 2021 Q&A challenge are York based band Parker Lee, a revolving lineup of musicians centred around Jowan Mead and multi-instrumentalist producer Annie Prior. Q1: 2021 […]
- SINGLE REVIEW: Environmental – EAD WOOD.For a song about such a serious topic as global warming and it’s detrimental effects on our planet’s fauna, Environmental by Bristol band Ead Wood is actually quite an up-beat, […]
- SINGLE REVIEW: Western Skies – The Pretty Visitors.With the release of their third single – Western Skies, Brighton four-piece The Pretty Visitors continue to spring surprises. You don’t know when, or how ‘The Visitors’ will arrive, but […]
- SINGLE REVIEW: Loose Canyon – The Gabriels.When future historians and critics come to review the artistic output of 2020/21 (and believe me they will: they will go over it with a fine tooth comb), they will […]
- Q&A Series 2021: Apollo JunctionThe latest band to take on our 2021 Q&A challenge are Leeds’ Apollo Junction, an accomplished 5-piece who’ve produced some of our most played tracks on the H2N Radio Show. […]
Get your music featured
Have a new single coming out? Want your new music premiering here on Halfway 2 Nowhere or over on Adam’s show on Jorvik Radio? Get in touch.