Discover your new favourite artist
At Halfway 2 Nowhere we have been helping people discover their new favourite band and singer-songwriter for almost four years. Through our annual “World Cup of Artists” as well as our regular blog posts, our aim is to help you find the new Oasis, the next Pulp or just your own favourite grassroots act.
Where did it all start
In 2017, our editor, Adam Graver, went to Kazoopa Festival, a small day fest in Leeds City Centre ran by the guys at Double Denim. That day, he discovered some of the best new talent the UK had to offer, and it was all in for just £10. The day was packed full of top venues, hosting the best new talent, and it sparked a desire to start a music blog. Since then, over 500 articles have been written about new talent whether it be live music reviews, new music coverage or fun Q&As with artists across the UK. This will always be the home of H2N and we hope you enjoy reading and consuming the articles we post.
The Halfway 2 Nowhere Radio Show
Wednesday 6-7pm on Jorvik Radio
Every week on Jorvik Radio, a community radio station based in York, our editor Adam hosts a one hour show, featuring the best in new music across the country.
Live in the York area, you can tune in on 94.8FM. Nationally you can listen live on http://www.jorvikradio.com
Want to be played? Head to the bottom of the page and submit your details!
- Review: Head In The Sand – The Pretty Visitors.Hailing from Brighton and taking their title from the Arctic Monkeys‘ song of the same name, The Pretty Visitors are Connor Reid (vocals), Aaron Evans (guitar), Sam Bennett (bass) and […]
- FEATURE: HunybeesYou’d be forgiven for never of hearing the band ‘HUNYBEES’. But if it’s something you don’t know, then get to know. This quartet from the small town of Hitchin in […]
- Review: Feel It – The Kicklips.The Kicklips are a Sheffield based trio who formed in 2017. They are Beck Harley (bass/vocals), Mo Ghani (guitar), and Dan Siddall on drums. They have played at The IOW […]
- REVIEW: Live In The Fire – FosswayAlternative-Rock trio Fossway release “Live In The Fire”, an energetic song with elements of Prog-Rock hinting at influence from Muse, Queen, and Calva Louise. Following a highly successful 2019 which […]
- REVIEW: Where’s My Family Gone – Andrew Cushin.Where’s My Family Gone is the third single from Novocastrian singer-songwriter Andrew Cushin. It follows on from the critically well received It’s Gonna Get Better and Waiting For The Rain. […]
- LIVE: Red Rum Club – Blueberry Hill Studios, LeedsThey do say live music is like buses…don’t they…well I’ve waited months to see it and this week two have come along at once. Last weekend, it was Scarborough for […]
- Single Review: Rule The Real – The Kendos.People often talk about the conveyor-belt of bands that come out of Merseyside. I think that analogy is incorrect. It suggests that bands appear manufactured and perfectly formed. I prefer […]
- REVIEW: I See Your Ghost – The Lathums.Taken from the upcoming , brand-new EP, “Ghosts”, The Lathums have treated us to the first single I See Your Ghost. North-west writer Ian Dunphy had a good listen to […]
- Review: Accidental Weller – Eyesore & the Jinx.As someone who used to get his hair cut by trainee barbers at the local technical college, I can fully appreciate the inherent warning offered by Merseyside, post-punk trio Eyesore […]
Get your music featured
Have a new single coming out? Want your new music premiering here on Halfway 2 Nowhere or over on Adam’s show on Jorvik Radio? Get in touch.