Discover your new favourite artist
At Halfway 2 Nowhere we have been helping people discover their new favourite band and singer-songwriter for almost four years. Through our annual “World Cup of Artists” as well as our regular blog posts, our aim is to help you find the new Oasis, the next Pulp or just your own favourite grassroots act.
Where did it all start
In 2017, our editor, Adam Graver, went to Kazoopa Festival, a small day fest in Leeds City Centre ran by the guys at Double Denim. That day, he discovered some of the best new talent the UK had to offer, and it was all in for just £10. The day was packed full of top venues, hosting the best new talent, and it sparked a desire to start a music blog. Since then, over 500 articles have been written about new talent whether it be live music reviews, new music coverage or fun Q&As with artists across the UK. This will always be the home of H2N and we hope you enjoy reading and consuming the articles we post.
The Halfway 2 Nowhere Radio Show
Wednesday 6-7pm on Jorvik Radio
Every week on Jorvik Radio, a community radio station based in York, our editor Adam hosts a one hour show, featuring the best in new music across the country.
Live in the York area, you can tune in on 94.8FM. Nationally you can listen live on http://www.jorvikradio.com
Want to be played? Head to the bottom of the page and submit your details!
- Q&A Series 2021: Apollo JunctionThe latest band to take on our 2021 Q&A challenge are Leeds’ Apollo Junction, an accomplished 5-piece who’ve produced some of our most played tracks on the H2N Radio Show. […]
- Q&A Series 2021 – The FeensThe latest band to take on our 2021 Q&A challenge are Scarborough’s “The Feens” a lively four piece who have been on ours and many other radars for some time. […]
- Q&A Series 2021 – narcissusThe first to take on our 2021 Q&A challenge are an intriguing, innovative band from Manchester, signed to 42s Records, narcissus. NARCISSUS ARE:Ben Guy – VocalsChris James – Beats & […]
- INTERVIEW: The Luka State – Fall In Fall Out.Last Sunday was a day of agony and ecstasy for Conrad Ellis, singer/songwriter with the exciting Winsford indie-rock quartet – The Luka State. He was suffering with an abscess on […]
- Newcastle. The UK’s best music venues in a city often forgottenToday marks the end of Independent Venue Week, which usually means a week long slew of attention for the many independent venues that operate around the UK during this week. […]
- SINGLE REVIEW : On the Ropes – Apollo Junction.Sometimes in music, like in other areas of the arts, you need to look backwards to move forwards. Just as the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood of Millais, Rossetti and Holman Hunt looked […]
- SINGLE REVIEW: BRB – Barbara.There cannot be many songwriters that have taken an episode of Charlie Brooker’s Black Mirror as their muse, but with BRB, Brighton duo, Barbara (Henry and John Tydeman) have done […]
- REVIEW: Goth Girl – VENUS GRRRLSFollowing the release of their debut EP last April, VENUS GRRRLS release their brand new single, and first of 2021, “Goth Girl” on January 22nd. PRE-SAVE “GOTH GIRL” HERE Returning […]
- SINGLE REVIEW: Shake – Hot Laundry.The only upside to an extended festive period in Tier 3 is that it gave me the opportunity to catch-up on some of the recent releases that have been sent […]
Get your music featured
Have a new single coming out? Want your new music premiering here on Halfway 2 Nowhere or over on Adam’s show on Jorvik Radio? Get in touch.